Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Meet At The Beach

Went to Bluff Point today , to Nick Shade's "Meet At The Beach". A very nice time! Eastern Mountain Sports was also demoing their kayaks, along with Chesapeake Light Craft. There were demo kayaks, builder's kayaks, and visitor's kayaks just about everyplace a kayak could fit, by the boat launching area.





As I expected, it was also a "demo day" for CLC. I got to test a Night Heron, which I was considering building. I liked it, but I actually think my Shearwater is faster. They also had some exotic models: a high-speed "Mystery" and the "Aleutesque". 
I got many compliments on my Kayak build ;).  I had originally wondered if the whole thing would be full of gorgeous, strip-built showpieces, and while there were a few, the mood was actually much more "come-one-come-all".


One of the skin-on-frame jobs.

Met some nice people. Home-built kayaks are good conversation pieces.





No comments:

Post a Comment